Baw Baw L2P Program:
The TAC L2P Learner Driver Mentor Program is a community based program providing on road driving experience to learner drivers who would otherwise find it difficult to accrue the minimum amount of experience required. The TAC L2P program is partially funded by TAC, managed by Department of Transport and Planning and delivered by either local councils or not-for-profit community agencies. Through mentor driving supervisors this will give admission to those young people who may have no access to a supervisor driver or vehicle or may not be able to afford professional driving lessons, to gain the necessary skills to obtain their Probationary Licence.
L2P is free for eligible young people.
Learner Drivers Selection Criteria:
To be considered for a learner position within one of the TAC L2P Programs, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be aged between 16 and 21 years (in some circumstances we will consider applicants up to 23 years)
- Hold a current Victorian learner’s permit
- Not have access to a supervising driver and/or
- Not have access to an appropriate vehicle
- Are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident (including new arrivals and/or refugees)
- Not be an overseas student.
To be eligible for the program, learners must demonstrate that they either don’t have access to a safe vehicle to conduct their required 120 hours or a person who holds a full Victorian license to supervise their driving. In your application, please describe what barriers you are facing in obtaining supervised driving experience. The program that you apply for may request further information to assess your eligibility for the L2P Program.
Note: All learner applications are assessed based on answers to the questions within the application form and prioritised accordingly.
For more detailed information about the TAC L2P Program, visit the Vic Roads website
Apply for the TAC L2P Program (Learner)
If you meet the criteria and would like to apply to join the TAC L2P Program, the easiest way to do so is by completing the learner TAC L2P Program application form.
You can do this one of two ways:
1. Online through your myVicRoads personal account where you can access the link to the online application form.
- Login to your myVicRoads account or create an account to get started.
- Navigate to Licences and Learner Permits in your account
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Apply as a learner in the TAC L2P Program to go to the learner’s online application form. Ensure you select Baw Baw Shire for our specific program.
2. Download a paper-based application form
- Download and complete the TAC L2P Learner Application eForm [PDF 375 Kb]
- Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide an electronic signature, the PDF application form will need to be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader.Download the TAC L2P Learner Application eForm [PDF 375 Kb]
If you have any questions or require support:
Julie Kleverlaan – Baw Baw L2P Coordinator
88 Smith Street (CCG Building on the corner of Smith St and Albert St)
Warragul, Victoria, 3820
Phone: 0408 039 091
Forthcoming Learner Events – Will be posted – here!
We are extremely grateful to our sponsors, without whom this program would not be so successful. A lot of local businesses have been so generous, we ask you to support them whenever you can. We have two areas of Sponsorship:
Major Sponsor – These are businesses or individuals who provide funding and / or services in excess of $1000.00
Proud Sponsor – These are businesses or individuals who provide funding and / or services from $1.00 to $999.00
If you are a local business and would like to Sponsor or donate to the program please contact Julie on 0408 039 091 or come in to the office at the address above.