Information on becoming a volunteer mentor:
Volunteer mentors are an integral and highly valued part of the TAC L2P Program and we always welcome enquiries and applications. To be considered as a volunteer mentor you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be over 21 years of age
- Hold current full Australian driver’s licence
- Have satisfactory driver license history report
- Be medically fit to drive (we may discuss this further through the application process)
Additionally, as part of the application process, you will be asked to provide*:
- a valid (volunteer) Working with Children’s Check
- a satisfactory National Police Check which our organisation will arrange and pay for once you have completed the training.
* Your local TAC L2P Coordinator can assist with these if required.
To find out how VicRoads will use and handle your personal, sensitive and health information, please read our collection notice.
HOW TO APPLY as a MENTOR for the Baw Baw TAC L2P Program
If you meet the volunteer mentor criteria and would like to apply to join the TAC L2P Program, you can do this one of two ways:
1. Online through your myVicRoads personal account where you can access the link to the online application form.
- Locate your nearest L2P Program using the search function above
- Login to your myVicRoads account or create an account to get started.
- Navigate to Licences and Learner Permits in your account
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Apply as a mentor in the TAC L2P Program to go to the mentor’s online application form. Ensure you select BAW BAW SHIRE program
2. Download a paper-based application form
- Download and complete the TAC L2P Volunteer Mentor Application eForm [PDF 375 Kb]
- Email completed form to email@example.com
To provide an electronic signature, the PDF application form will need to be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader.Download the TAC L2P Volunteer Mentor Application eForm [PDF 238 Kb]
Please note: You can only apply to one TAC L2P Program. In joining, your local organisation will be responsible for your participation and advice within the TAC L2P Program.
If you have any questions or require support:
Julie Kleverlaan – Baw Baw L2P Coordinator
88 Smith Street (CCG Building on the corner of Smith St and Albert St)
Warragul, Victoria, 3820
Phone: 0408 039 091