The L2P Program: Baw Baw Shire
The L2P – learner driver mentor program is a community based program providing on road driving experience to learner drivers who would otherwise find it difficult to accrue the minimum amount of experience required. The L2P program and Baw Baw Shire Council, through mentor driving supervisors will give access to those young people who may have no access to a supervisor driver or vehicle or may not be able to afford professional driving lessons, to gain the necessary skills to obtain their Probationary Licence.
L2P is free for eligible young people.
Learner Drivers Selection Criteria
To join the L2P program, you need to:
- Be between 16 and 20 years of age
- Hold a current Learner’s Permit
To be eligible, you also need to satisfy at least 2 of these:
- Not have access to either a vehicle, a supervising driver, or both
- Geographically isolated
- Homeless or at risk of being homeless
- Financially disadvantaged
- Issues at home
What can the L2P Program do for me?
- The Baw Baw L2P Program will provide you with 4 driving lessons with the RACV Drive School
- Match you up with a Mentor to guide and develop your driving skills and abilities
- Provide use of an L2P Program Car – Manual or automatic
- Assist you with Driver Safety education and knowledge
For more detailed information about the L2P Program, visit the Vic Roads website
If you meet these criteria, you or your parent, school or community group can contact:
Beth Carr – Baw Baw L2P Coordinator
88 Smith Street (CCG Building on the corner of Smith St and Albert St)
Warragul, Victoria, 3820
Phone: 0408 039 091
Forthcoming Events – Click here
For New Mentor Training Dates – Click here
To become a volunteer mentor in an L2P program, please visit the MENTOR page. Existing mentors, please check the Events page regularly for updates.
We are extremely grateful to our sponsors, without whom this program would not be so successful. A lot of local businesses have been so generous, we ask you to support them whenever you can.
We have two areas of Sponsorship:
Major Sponsor – These are businesses or individuals who provide funding and / or services in excess of $1000.00
Proud Sponsor – These are businesses or individuals who provide funding and / or services from $1.00 to $999.00
Our current list of Sponsors is as follows:
MAJOR SPONSORS (in alphabetical order):
- Barry Bourke Warragul
- DCSI – We Do Internet.
- Fonterra Grass Roots Fund
- Gippsland Sporting & Classic Car Register
- Patison Partners
- Quirks Real Estate
- RACV Drive School
- RACV Insurance
- Rotary Clubs Warragul & Drouin
- The Andrews Foundation
- Trafalgar & District Community Bank Branch
- Tyrepower Warragul
- Victoria Police
- Warragul Rotary Club
- Warragul Nissan
PROUD SPONSORS (in alphabetical order):
- Alberto’s Pizza
- Always Classic Care
- Bunnings Warragul
- DLK Mechanical Repairs
- Maloney’s Pizzas
- Mercure Warragul
- Pheonix Motorcycles
- Phoenix Screenprinting
- RMI Print
- Voyage Fitness
- Warragul & Drouin Gazette
Be sure to visit the Sponsor page for logos and links!
If you are a local business and would like to Sponsor or donate to the program please contact Beth at the address above.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter